- A Bachelor degree from a recognised university in the field of social sciences or humanities, e.g.
- African Languages and Cultures
- Cultural Anthropology
- Development Studies
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Study of Religion
- Social Anthropology
- or convincing application of other academic disciplines
- A very good (B) overall grade for the Bachelor programme (see: https://www.studyineurope.eu/grades)
- A very good command of English (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): C1).
All applicants (except native speakers and students coming from or having an (under)graduate degree from one of the listed countries) have to submit an IELTS (7.0), TOEFL (95) or Cambridge (C2 Proficiency) certificate. No exceptions will be made and emails asking for exemptions will not be answered.
(accepted in English, French, German or Portuguese)
- Bachelor certificate1
- Transcript of records covering all Bachelor coursework
- Proof of English language skills (IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge)
- European Format Curriculum Vitae in English (preferably Europass)2
- Motivation letter2
- Two letters of recommendation2
- National identity card, passport ID page and/or residence permit
- Current proof of place of residence, study, training or work3
1 applicants with a degree from China or Vietnam have to submit an APS certificate
2 accepted only in English
3 issued within 12 months before the submission deadline
Please carefully read the Erasmus+ Programme Guide to get more information on the opportunities of an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) and to be aware of the eligibility criteria.
More information on EMJMD student scholarships can be found here.
- Academic performance: 30%
- Motivation letter: 30%
- Extracurricular performance: 30%
- Recommendation letters: 10%
- Written application: 60%
- Interview performance: 40%
The threshold for applicants is 70%.
The 58 EMJMD student scholarships (partner countries: 44; programme countries: 14) will be divided among the four intakes of students.
A maximum of ten (10) self-funded students will be admitted per intake.
>> Important Dates